rites of passage
Transformational rituals and rites of passage
‘Ritual and ceremony in their due times kept the world under the sky and the stars in their courses. It was astonishing what ritual and ceremony could do.’ Terry Prachett
There are times in life when we find ourselves in deep transition. The old life, or aspects of it, might be unravelling and dissolving, the ground is shifting and we feel disoriented and anxious.
Such times are potent- as we are standing in a liminal, in-between space, on a threshold, opportunities arise to create powerful changes: to shed what no longer serves us, to call in visions for the future and to take first brave steps forward towards our new dreams.
On our individual journeys ‘back to sex’, to reclaim our sexuality, we might also encounter such potent threshold times. Maybe we need to let go of an old relationship form that no longer serves us. Or we want to honour our past selves and lovingly move on from patterns that have kept us small in our sexual and erotic lives.
Often called ‘Rites of Passage’, rituals and ceremonies created around such times can be wonderful ways to mark a transition from one phase of life into another.
It would be my joy and honour to co-create a powerful ritual for your Rite of Passage. Examples could be rituals for:
- cleansing, shedding & transformation (letting go of old limiting beliefs, marking the end of a relationship, recovery from illness, death of a loved one, releasing wounds from sexual abuse, move into menaupause etc.);
- honouring the past and its teachings;
- affirming, marking and blessing a new phase of life;
- ceremony to celebrate an achievement;
- blessing and manifestation;
Your ritual could include elements such as:
- creating a sacred space and calling in the elements, ancestors or whatever feels supportive for you;
- setting a clear intention for your ritual;
- deciding on the best location (the ritual can take place in my studio or a space in nature)
- choosing tools that most speak to you and feel the most potent and appropriate for the purpose:
- painting, clay, collage, writing;
- Fire: a fire massage or fire-ritual;
- Shamanic Journeying and creating an object /talisman or image after the journey;
- Conscious Kink tools:
- Impact Play for aliveness, catharsis and healing;
- Sacred Needle Ritual; (temporary piercing) for deep transformation;
- Rope and Bondage ritual of surrender, release
- you might also chose some massage/bodywork as part of the ritual;
We can be as creative as we like with your unique ritual.
I currently only offer this deep work as part of a 3- day RITES OF PASSAGE IMMERSION in my beautiful home Phoenix Nest in Saltdean near Brighton UK.
If you’re interested please get in touch via email and we can have a free 30 min zoom session to talk about your wishes and intentions for such a ritual as part of an immersion and any practical questions.
I look forward to hearing from you. You can book a 30 min discover call HERE
get in touch! firstname.lastname@example.org