conscious self-touch to nourish, soothe and enliven with Eva Weaver
NEXT WORKSHOP: COMING THIS AUTUMN
Are you missing touch, hugs, cuddles, holding and being held?
Many of us feel at times starved of touch with another being, and with the current landscape of lockdown and social distancing this has become much more acute.
Are you living on your own or are in self isolation and finding it difficult not to have anyone to share touch with currently?
Maybe you are separated from your partner and/or family and are longing for physical connection, or maybe you have felt deprived of touch for a long time?
We all have different needs, desires and wishes around touch, but most of us really do need touch- wanted, consensual touch- to thrive and feel connected. And skin hunger, a craving for touch and contact, is a real thing!
Deprived of touch, we might feel more stressed and cortisol can build up. It is harder to process difficult emotions and regulate our nervous system and we might feel restless or suffer sleeplessness.
When we receive touch our bodies release oxytocin, a hormone that calms the nervous system, lowers blood pressure, decreases cortisol levels, helps faster wound healing, can reduce anxiety and create a sense of calm and connectedness- hence it often is referred to as the ‘bonding hormone’.
So, in the absence of available touch by another human, how can we nourish ourselves with touch and increase oxytocin?
To take time to consciously touch ourselves, can be a very nourishing, soothing and comforting experience.
In this online workshop we will create a space for conscious self-touch, self- soothing, holding/ hugging as well as explore enlivening touch .
Through somatic exercises such as body scan, guided mediation, gentle movement and conscious touch, I will support you to tune into the whole of your being- body, thoughts, feelings and sensations.
It is a space to support you to explore what your needs are around touch, moment to moment and offer ideas on how to meet them.
What we will do:
* We will meet on zoom and start with a check-in and sharing circle on the theme of touch;
* I will lead a conscious self-hugging/ holding meditation, followed by an invitation for some gentle movement;
* We will experiment with different conscious self touch: hands, feet, shoulders, belly etc. This can be holding ourselves, caressing, massaging, sensual and or invigorating touch. You will have an opportunity to tune into what kind and quality of touch you desire: gentle, sensual, invigorating, soothing, teasing, playful, comforting, holding, erotic, arousing, nurturing -and experiment with this.
* Brief check in time in small groups;
* We will also experiment with holding ourselves (hugs, shawls, making a cosy nest etc. and there will be some unguided time as well for you to drop into ‘freestyle’ self touch for a while and some journalling/writing time.
* Ending with a brief sharing circle.
This is an online workshop, happening via zoom Wednesday 24th of June 6-8.15 pm BST (British Summer Time)
We will work in a whole group and also in small groups of 2 or three to check in.
If you like, you can experiment with a blindfold, materials.
While this is not intended as specifically erotic self pleasuring ritual, there will be a freestyle time where you could take the conscious touch into self pleasure. Pleasure and arousal is welcome throughout.
You can leave the video and sound on all throughout the meeting time, or take the video and/or sound off during the self touch parts.
To book please email me at
firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
The workshop is limited to max 13 participants.
Cost: this workshop is pay via sliding scale: ££22, £33, £44, £55, £66, £77, £88 payment via paypal or bank transfer- details when booking.
I also offer one-to-one Self-touch online coaching sessions (one hour) , please contact me for more info!
I am very much looking forward to meeting you!
With love Eva X